The Basic Infection Control course has been designed to familiarize health care professionals about the basic concepts of infection control and the importance of such practices in health care delivery. This course will also give insight into standard and additional precautions to ensure health care safety of all clients, how to manage blood and body fluid exposure and to identify clean and contaminated zones.
It is essential for Nurses and other health professionals to be updated with current infection control practices in order to provide the client with high quality nursing care.
The purpose of this course is to improve the knowledge of health professionals regarding infection control, its purposes and various elements in order for the health care provider to render a higher quality of care.
Courses you might be interested in: Advanced Infection Control
- Review understanding of standard precautions
- Recognise what is determined as a standard precaution
- Identify the chain of infection
- Use hand hygiene appropriately facilitating the use of the 5 moments
- Memorise the difference between the use of hand rub and hand wash
- Memorise the importance of hand care
- Understand respiratory and cough etiquette in a healthcare environment
- Determine your understanding of additional precautions
- Recognise transmission risks in a healthcare environment
- Recognise what is determined as an additional precaution
- Identify personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Identify how to appropriately Don and Doff PPE
- Memorise the importance of hand care Determine the meaning of exposure in a healthcare environment
- Explain the risks of blood borne virus transmission
- Memorise the exposure policy
- List the immediate action post exposure
- Write down the post exposure management principles
- Explain you understanding of a clean zone in the healthcare environment
- Determine the appropriate place for records, materials and medicament
- Identify your understanding of a contaminated zone in the healthcare environment
- Recognise the protocol for contaminated instruments and equipment
- Write a list of high risk areas for cross contamination in the healthcare environment
For more information about Continuing Nursing Education Points, please click to view this fact sheet by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
2 Hours (Self-Paced)
Praise for this course:
Be the first to review this course.