Continuing nursing education is required for members of the nursing profession to maintain, improve and broaden their knowledge, expertise and competence. They can develop the personal and professional qualities required throughout their professional lives. CNE programs involve reviewing current practice, identifying learning needs, planning and participating in relevant learning activities, and reflecting on the value of those activities.
High quality video tutorials help you to comprehend the subject matter clearly.
Periodic assessments will test your learning and enable you to get your doubts clarified.
Get online evaluation and mentorship from our trainers.
On completing the course, get valuable course completion certificates.
Health Careers International offers a series of high quality CNE programs that help medical professionals to keep themselves abreast of current developments in the healthcare industry, in order to give the best treatment and quality care to patients.
All nurses and midwives in Australia are required to keep up with current trends and advancements in the nursing profession, and proof of continuing professional development units is critical for re-registration every year.The Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation is a professional regulatory body that has developed best practices and mandates on continuing nursing education (CNE) for nurses. Nurses who fail to meet these revalidation standards will cause their registration to lapse, and cannot legally work in the country.
At present, CNE requirements for re-registration include (in a 12 month period):
- At least 20 hours for registered nurses
- At least 20 hours for enrolled (division 2) nurses
- At least 20 hours for registered midwives
- For nurse practitioners, at least 20 hours for registration as a nurse and/or midwife and a further 10 hours for endorsement
- For eligible midwives (those midwives with access to the Medicare Benefits schedule), at least 20 hours for registration as a nurse and/or midwife and a further 20 hours for endorsement.